The cloud has been a huge tool for national and global companies in Stamford. It allows organizations to store and share files quickly and easily from anywhere. Increases in collaboration have proven to increase productivity at companies around the world.
But the concept of the cloud has often been over complicated and many people remain confused as to what it actually is.
What is the Cloud?
Simply put, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
The hosting company maintains responsibility for server upkeep and ensuring that their users have reliable access to their stored information.
Individuals use the cloud to store data like photos and videos, rather than storing that information on their personal device. Businesses use the cloud to better share and access their information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in Stamford?
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Just a few of the benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Connecticut Business
Ready to start using the cloud at your Stamford Organization? Call us at (203) 614-1458 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs.